Chronic Care Management (CCM) is a service provided by your physician and healthcare team in which your health conditions are proactively monitored. This helps keep you healthier and out of the hospital longer. These services are offered in addition to your regular check-ups and appointments.
Why Should I Enroll in a CCM Program?
Patients who enroll in CCM services most commonly have two or more chronic diagnoses which will last for twelve months or longer. In general, enrolled patients are identified as individuals who would benefit from additional monitoring or oversight of their health, including vitals and general well-being. A couple of reasons why patients should consider enrolling in CCM services are:
- Chronic diseases are the leading cause of death and disability, responsible for almost 85% of healthcare spending in the United States.
- Enrolling in CCM services can help prevent or reduce hospitalizations and adverse health events.
For patients’ perspectives on CCM, please watch this short video.
What Does This Do For Me as a Patient?
Besides building a closer relationship with your healthcare team, this program also:
- Provides regular health status updates to your doctor
- Works to reduce the amount of in-office doctor visits and hospitalizations
- Remotely monitors and records changes in your health condition(s) over time
- Provides you with additional support from your care team
Now that you’ve learned about Chronic Care Management (CCM) services, you might also be interested in the following topics: